We make it clear
Those who serve in the ICOFCC Chaplaincy Corps are working every day to bring the gospel to all people in every walk of life- but the way they are accomplishing this might surprise you. Our chaplains minister to the lost and hurting in hospitals, prisons, military barracks, corporations, and even at places such as bike rallies, rodeos, racetracks and disaster sites. When ministering in such places, the shade of a tree or the table in a break room suddenly becomes a pulpit or a place of healing to a hurting soul. Sometimes pastoral counseling takes place on a bike or in the belly of any vehicle… Qualified chaplains For chaplains, ministry opportunities change almost every day. Each day thousands of people who have never committed their lives to Christ are passing into eternity. As long as people are hurting and yearning for more than life has to offer, there will be a need for qualified chaplains who are willing and able to take Christ’s message of love and hope to those who are spiritually lost. Chaplains are ordinary people who are inspired by extraordinary purpose and called to extraordinary service, whose Clear Purpose is to minister in the marketplaces of our society and on the battle fields of our world. In diverse, unique settings, thousands will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ because a chaplain came alongside them during their moment of need.
1.Inter and Intra religious peace dialogue.
2. Alternative conflict resolution at the communal level.
3. Rehabilitation strategies: restive youths, ex-drug and alcoholic addicts, disaster areas, whether Natural or man-made, prostitute reformation and attitudinal reorientation. It will involve; education, skills acquisition, empowerment for citizens at risk.
4. Family and women empowerment. It will involve interim measure assistance followed by sustained education, skills development, moral and religious teachings to inject Godly values.
5. Inter and intra faith leadership conferences. This will include; workshops, seminars, symposia which are open to all to foster understanding and generate harmony.
6. Youth development. This will primarily focus on secondary and tertiary institutions with the aim to achieve character orientation. The vehicle for this outreach will include; sports/music/festivals as well as other forms of entertainment. A heavy dosage of anti vice and anti cult teachings will be administered.
7. Emergency life/accident victims rescue operations. This will include; disaster and crisis management, relief services, medical missions as well as other Humanitarian programs.
We believe that we ought to challenge the Humanitarian and social problems as well as the spiritual. Therefore, other programs in development specifically designed for Nigeria by the ICOF Chaplaincy include: Alternative conflict resolution, Grass roots reformation program, which include the rehabilitation of drug addicts, prostitutes, crisis and disaster management services.
We offer the healing message of Christ to soldiers in the battlefields of our world, at the same time they transmit the comforting words of God to their loved ones in times of personal tragedy.